The Lamp Post Lodge offers a warm and inviting retreat in the quaint town of Westcliffe, Colorado. Enjoy all the comforts of home as you bask in the splendor of the Sangre de Cristo mountains.
Your time spent in the Wet Mountain Valley is certain to surpass your expectations when you consider the diverse list of activities at your fingertips.
Our seven bedroom vacation rental Lodge + Apartment is a perfect place to stay all year long. Snuggle under our warm duvets after an exciting day of skiing at Monarch Mountain, rest well after a mountain hike to Macy Lake, or relax as the sun sets after an energizing day at Westcliffe’s annual music festivals.
The Lodge has five suites upstairs (2nd level), and two suites on the main level - each with private entrances and parking directly outside the door. Bristlecone is our main-floor suite with a king-sized bed and bathroom set up for wheelchair comforts, while Pinegrove is a queen-bed suite for two with a quaint covered porch to gaze toward the Sangre's daily. You can click here to book the main lodge as one reservation.
The Apartment has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, an open concept kitchen, dining table for 8, and reading chairs for two on the main level. In the basement are four twin beds, a T.V. area with couch and two recliners, along with a bar table for games. This apartment has a private entrance and is attached the main lodge, but completely private from it (no direct interior connection). Please click here for additional information and reserving the apartment.
The Main Lodge Amenities
- Each guest suite equipped with its own private bathroom, luxurious bedding & towels, hair dryer, flat screen TV, iron & ironing board.
- Incredibly fast wireless internet throughout the facility.
- All natural, aromatherapy plant-based shampoo, conditioner, bath/shower gel and body lotion provided throughout your stay.
- Reading chair or sitting area in each room.
- Please feel free to peruse our collection of memorabilia and books which provide insight into the beautiful Wet Mountain Valley. A variety of games and puzzles are also available for your enjoyment.
- Incredible mountain views from each level of the lodge.
- Soft Seating & Dining/Games tables in the common area - equipped for 15-20 people.
- Well-equipped kitchen available to "Full Main Lodge" Reservations only. Click here to see this rental option, reserve the entire facility for your group and have access to the kitchen for cooking group meals. You could also choose & coordinate a caterer to furnish meals for your group.
- Breakfast Please be advised this facility no longer provides breakfast. We recommend visiting Ranchers Roost for a delicious country breakfast - located inside the bowling alley on Main Street Westcliffe.
- Making Reservations We prefer your reservations be made directly through our website. If you require assistance on making a reservation, or wish to make a reservation over the phone, please call our Innkeepers, Barb & Dick Jones at 719.783.2876 and they will be happy to assist you.
- Questions For assistance on your existing reservation, or for questions about the area, please call 719.783.2876 and our Innkeepers, Dick & Barb, will be happy to assist you
- Arrival/Departure Arrival is anytime after 3pm on check-in day, and check-out is 10am. Please be respectful of other guests if checking in late, or departing early.
- We are strictly a non-smoking facility
- We are not a pet-friendly lodge. We recommend Hillside Colorado Cottages if you plan to vacation with a pet.
- Directions Click here to be taken directly to the directions tab of our website.
- Suite Selection Our Suites are unique, so please be sure to read the description prior to completing your reservation to be sure the unit will work for you. To see a floorplan of our property, please click here.
- Cancellations If you cancel more than 14 days in advance of your check-in date, we will refund 100% of the total amount paid toward your reservation. If you cancel less than 14 days in advance of your check-in date, we will refund 50% of the total amount paid toward your reservation. If you choose to check-out early for any reason, no refunds will be made.
- Policies Click here to be taken directly to the policies tab of our website, which outlines everything you need to know, and which you agree to upon making a reservation at our property.